As I headed into work today I noticed as I do most days that
manners are becoming less and less of a way of life for many. Men cursing around
women and children without blinking an eye. As much as i'd love to harp on the amount of disrespect men have shown the sad reality is women have become some of the worlds worse offenders.In many instances if you feel brave you can say to a man can you be cool im with the kids and they often acknowledge but with women this isn't always as simple as dropping hints.
In both instances if you try to drop clues that women and children are around both men and the women seem almost oblivious to the queues being given and continue on with their conversation. A few, although i've never experienced it will turn their focus of rudeness on the the individual seeking a little respect.
Thanks heaven i'm a big guy otherwise I might not be as lucky.
What bothers me the most about this oblivious behavior isn’t just the language but the failure to recognize how their language can be interpreted by others. It's as if they could care less about invading ones personal space.
Once while waiting at a light I noticed a young woman in a car next to me with 3 children who all appeared under 5 years in age. Her car windows were down and the music was very loud. Now normally I may not have experienced the pure dissatisfaction of listening to another ones loud music if I was driving in my wife's car since. I simply would have turned on the air and my car windows would have been rolled up. But as it happened to be I was driving my beat-up older car that doesn't have the luxury of climate control.
Let me digress, every other word in the music this young lady was listening to with these young children in the car was littered with profanity exposing her children to inappropriate material.
I can only hope that these children don't become the next generation of rude adults.
Claude have mercy! Lets be mindful of our actions people!
Adam C Winston
The life coach
No comments:
Post a Comment